Friday, February 18, 2011

Mom's... well it's my Mom so you know what that means

The day after Thanksgiving my mother, father, sister, and I were siting around the table eating. During the flowing discussion, my mother was relaying events that unfolded on a TV show, House Hunters International to be exact. As she talked about the show, she hesitated mid-sentence and then continued on. However, that hesitation caught my attention for one undeniable reason.

Me: Did you just say 'cock'?
Mom: No.
Danielle: I thought I hear that too.
Dad: I wasn't going to say anything but I saw Brandi catch it as well.
Mom: I did not say that.
All of us: Yes you did.
Mom: Why are you picking on me?
Me: We aren't picking on you. We're just trying to figure out how the word 'cock' fits into anything you were saying.
Mom: It doesn't. That's why I didn't say it.

Then the next day at breakfast the same topic came up and my mother's denial continued, except this time... she gave us an excuse:

Danielle: No. You said cock.
Mom: I did not. I was in the middle of saying a word and stopped. That's what you heard.
Me: If so, you would have been in the middle of saying the word 'country'. Then you would have said 'cunt', not 'cock'.
Dad: (yells from a distant room in the house) That's right!
Mom: I didn't say cock!
Me and Danielle: Yes you did!
Mom: No I didn't! Now stop talking about it or I'm going to wash all of your mouths out with soap.

2 comments:

  1. Your mom is hilarious when she tried to deny she said something, especially when 3 of you heard it at the same time!!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so I just spent the last 10 days reading BWYDT, and saw your A/N about your blog. Randomly reading posts and this one totally made me laugh out loud, mainly because these are the same types of conversations I end up having with my parents and siblings...except I'm usually the one with mumblemouth disease. Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete