Thursday, April 14, 2011

A Declaration To Stand

I take a deep breath.
Let it out slow.
Let the pain of the world fall away.
Don't let it touch me.
I wont let it touch me.
I refuse to be made to feel this way.
Like how I feel,
and how I think,
how I see the world with my eyes
is something I should be ashamed of
Something I should be trying to hide.

I want to feel happy.
I want to feel free.
Simply to be who I am.
So I say this to you,
whoever you are,
this is my declaration to stand.
To stand for a cause,
for what I believe,
for the person here at my side.
For the love that I feel,
the love that we have.
For them, I will no longer hide.

3 comments:

  1. This is amazing--so personal and vulnerable, yet strong. You are very talented. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so beautiful and heart warming! I so can relate to that. I dont have the gift you have with words though haha.
    I miss your stories so much, but reading this makes up for it :)
    Have a great day!

    A-

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so envious of your talent, but at the same time I wouldn't give it up. I love reading your anecdotes and poems, and I can't wait until you come back from your hiatus. You speak to the heart so easily, its flawless and touching. A melody that knows no bounds.

    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete