Sunday, May 15, 2011

Memories

It's funny how talking about random things causes old memories that you had forgotten long ago to pop back up. That happened this morning when I was talking with a friend about sleeping which lead to sleep walking/talking which then lead to stories of my mother of course.

My mother use to talk in her sleep all the time, like, full conversations. It wasn't uncommon when I was growing up to be woken in the middle of the night by my mother talking rather loudly. It was never really directed at anyone and most of the time was relatively unintelligible. However, one night stood out amongst all the rest in my mind.

I was probably 13 and it was about two in the morning. I was laying in my bed, my eyes were closed and I was in that light form of sleep when:

Mom: Brandi!
Me: (jumps awake, startled)
Mom: Brandi!
Me: What?
Mom: Shut the hell up and go to bed!
Me: I was.
Mom: I don't care. Go to bed.

It always makes you feel special to know that your mother even yells at you in her sleep. At least you know you've made a lasting impression

2 comments:

  1. my mother can have an entire convo with someone and not remember it in the morning, but the yelling, never heard that before....too funny

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, I cant stop laughing. I can have an entire conversarion and then not remember it in the morning. My mother does the same thing, it must be on our genes haha.
    My bff's sister screams in her sleep really often. Its creepy as hell haha.

    A-

    ReplyDelete