Friday, November 25, 2011

See, I knew moving back home would begin to provide me with some interesting stories. Please, allow me to start from the beginning.

I have almost always had incredibly long hair. I think for the last almost decade my hair has been below my shoulders and almost down to my waist at times. However, with the impending threat of possibly loosing my hair due to Chemo, I decided to have it cut so if I did lose it, it wouldn't be too much of a shock. It now sits just above my shoulders and I have swoop bangs. (never had bangs in my life!).

Due to the cancer I have also been having constant fevers that last all day so my parents invested in some beanie hats for me to wear to help keep me worm. Apparently the change in hair and dress style was far too much for the dog to take in at one time.

The dog in question? This one. Lizzie.

 

She is the mild-mannered sweetheart who I have dubbed Little-shit Lizzie or Chicken-shit Lizzie in the past. Why? Because she is a chicken. I was harassing the dogs one day in the past and she nearly peed all the way down the hallway when she thought I was going to break into the house. Our other dog was just standing there wagging her tail at me.

Anyway. Yesterday I am standing in the living room as my mother cooks Thanksgiving dinner and I am pulling on my layers, jacket zipped up and beanie firmly in place. When I hear Lizzie's prancing walk coming down the hall. Suddenly there is the sound of nails scrapping on the hardwood floors as the dog is trying to double back, barking viciously.

Kahlua, our 100+ pound chocolate lab comes barreling down the hall, fully prepared to get whatever cat is walking through the yard, but Lizzie isn't after a cat. Empowered by Kahlua's presence, Lizzie eyes her target and goes psycho. I'm talking the hair all the way down her back was standing on end and and the fangs were out. It was only as she charged at me did I realize she didn't recognize me.

Thankfully I was able to pull the beanie off before she got to me. She also didn't come near me for a few hours after that. Kahlua on the other hand... kept walking around to all the windows looking for the damn cat that didn't exist.

3 comments:

  1. OMG I just laughed so hard at this...just the image of Lizzie charging at you, then realising it was you and then Kahlua looking for the cat...just too funny :D

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kahlua only weighs 97 lbs. She has ben on a diet and loves her green beans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to send you lots of LOVE, and I hope you get well soon.

    I am reading your story "Beautiful when you don't try" and I'm loving it. You've got talent for writing and keep the characters so well and interesting.

    ReplyDelete