Thursday, March 15, 2012

Hi

Okay, so clearly I didn't get to update like I had hoped but I'm still here! Thank you for all of your well wishes and kind words.

Unfortunetly the side effects from my chemotherapy haven't wained as time progressed so we are having to treat them with more meds. They help with the side effects and therefore keep me out of the hospital but leave me in a groggy state for several days and slow my "jump back" time from each treatment. Add that to what hours I can find at work and I'm pretty much wiped.

On the upside though... I only have 4 more treatments. So 8 more weeks! I'm very excited. I am more excited because we are doing scans to restage me Monday and my doctor is already thinking I am in remission. Fingers crossed that this will soon be over and I can get back to life the way I liked it.

Clearly with all the treatments, meds, tests, and work hours I wont be able to update for awhile but I still plan on finishing up the sequel after the treatments. I don't like to leave things open and you all have been so great that I don't want to cut it short either. So thank you all again for the messages and emails. You have no idea how much they mean to me right now and how much of a positive distraction they are providing.

Hope to update you again soon with official good news.

6 comments:

  1. Happy to hear you're doing ok, was getting kind of worried for a bit there... hope the scans go well and you fell better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad your doing better. x Fingers crossed that everything goes well. Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fingers crossed that this will be over soon.
    I was really worried about you, it was a relief when I saw this new update.
    I'm glad you are better and that you only have 4 more to do.
    Like I said before, don't worry about the fic, just get better first.
    Good luck with the scans!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear from you! Feel better soon and stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's wonderful that you're doing better! Hopefully things keep going that way. Don't worry about us. Take your time getting better! Us eager readers will be here when you return.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The strength that you have shown throughout the treatment is incredible, you are an inspiration to us all. You are an incredible writer and an incredible person. Please get well soon.

    ReplyDelete