Friday, January 14, 2011

Never Trust Your Peers

Never trust your peers. I learned this fact a long, long time ago. Especially if you are still in high school:

I'm in my algebra 2 math class, completely not paying attention. Never do, so it's not that big of a change. Then I hear my name called.

Teacher: Brandi.
Me: (looks up innocently) Yes?
Teacher: Perhaps you can provide us with the answer to the question.
Me: (looks down and realizes my book is still closed) Uh...
Teacher: Take your time.
Classmate: (whispers) Fifty-one.
Me:
Classmate: (whispers) Fifty-one.
Me: Fifty-one?
*The class erupts in laughter*
Teacher: Well, I can see where some people might get a little confused about Puerto Rico, but no. There are only fifty states in the US. Thank you for playing the game.

Who the hell asks a question about how many states there are in a math class?
~/~/~
Now I will try one more time to get some sleep before I have to go to work

No comments:

Post a Comment