Saturday, January 8, 2011

You're Here Now

You're here now. Maybe that's what I was missing.
I've been fighting myself and the world for everything that meant nothing.
Now there's this warmth from a smile, this comfort from a touch,
and the knowledge of knowing that before you, I'd never felt this much.
How you've done this to me, I still don't understand,
But my world of pain vanishes with the wave of your hand.
You may touch my skin but I feel it in my soul,
and the pieces of myself I've found have suddenly grown whole.
The only thing to pain me is the thoughts of our pasts.
Lost without each other, love just out side our grasps.
My eyes of memory shut tight with regret,
for all that time wasted before pride fell and hearts met.
Yet somehow when they open your hand is in mine.
You're here now, and so will I be for the rest of time.

1 comment: