Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My Mother: Yes, she is for real

I am in the back seat of my parent's minivan on our way up to Tennessee. We're driving through the back roads in the middle of the country around lunch time. I'm talking open fields, horses, cows, hay barrels. All that good stuff. I'm having a nice conversation with my father about something completely normal when this happens.

Dad: My truck even tells me when I need to change the oil. It has a computer that does some sort of calculations and it tells me.
Me: That's cool. Be nice if mine told me. I always forget about changing the oil.
Dad: That's not good.
Me: I-
Mom: (gasping dramatically and pointing out the window) is that a UFO?
Me and Dad: ...
Mom: Oh, it's just a water tower. Never mind.

~/~/~/~

Really?

5 comments:

  1. thats epic. your family sounds hilarious :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, your mum's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm water tower....ufo....I can see where she would get confused :D

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lmao! I cant stop laughing. It sounded so natural haha.


    A-

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol that was just so funny... i think i love your mom

    ReplyDelete