Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I Still Can't Believe She Did That


In this photo... is the look of guilt. The look of shame. The look of embarrassment.

My sister, her dog, and myself went on a road trip this weekend to visit my parents back up north. It's a trip I have made four times in the last two months but this time was different. Why? Because we took my sister's dog. This dog is... unique. She has her little quirks and has them in abundance. There are even a few that pertain to traveling. Some even requiring my sister to drug the animal before the trip starts. However, we did not this time.

We took my car and covered the back seat with a sheet to cut down on the dog hair and then added a thicker blanket to prepare for the vomiting. Because that is what this dog does. All the time. For no reason. But never once, there always has to be a second time.

So we start to leave town completely prepared for the possible vomiting. The dog is thrilled to be going for a ride and is pacing back and forth in the back seat as my sister drives and screams for her to sit down. About that time another car cuts her off and she slams on the breaks. No big deal, we didn't get hit and no one was hurt, but Danielle continued to lecture the dog about sitting down.

I told her to calm down the dog was working on it until I noticed something rather odd about her hunched posture. After I noticed the odd posture, I then noticed the odd smell. When my sister slammed on the breaks to avoid hitting the car that cut us off, she literally scared the shit out of the dog. That's right. The dog shit in the back seat of my car.

For several miles we had to drive with the foul stench of fresh dog poop filling the car regardless of having all the windows down until we reached an exit and found an available dumpster to discard the (thankfully) multiple layers of seat protection. When we were finished, I looked into the back seat and saw this face. So much guilt in those eyes that I couldn't even be mad at her. However, my sister is responsible for thoroughly cleaning my car this week... it has been violated.

2 comments:

  1. Ok so the first thought I had when I read this was, funny as shit....literally lol, sorry couldn't help it. But darn right Danielle should clean the car. Poor puppy though, no one could be mad when looking at that face.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just fantastic. That's what makes a road trip memoriable. Lol

    ReplyDelete