Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Time... to make fun of myself

It's one of the things I do best and probably always will. I mean, I provide myself with countless opportunities so I decided to share a few. To be more specific, I refer to these as my 'my mind is somewhere else but I really need it to be here' moments.

What brought this up? Well, last night I was chatting with a friend while laying in my bed when I turned my head and looked at the shade-less lamp on my night stand. This is when I had one of my 'moments'. My body decided to reach over and touch the light bulb of the lamp to see if it was hot. It wasn't thankfully, but my mind didn't register what I was doing until I had already done it.

Now, I know what you are thinking and let me reassure you that my intelligence level is actually above average. I've taken several IQ tests and they all say the same thing. I just have moments where my brain states the quickest way to find my answer and my body reacts in accordance before that 'but it's going to hurt' comment is added.

For example, standing out in our front yard a few years ago after my father had just finished installing an electric fence to keep our dogs from digging their way out. My question: Is the fence on and does it really work? My body's response: Reach down and grab it.

Yes. It was on and yes, it really did work.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Brandi, you have just made my day :) I do stuff like that all the time so it's not just you. Although the light bulb thing, I generally do that when it's been on for a while, so not fun :)

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! That was hilarious haha. Luckly you didnt hurt yourself :)


    A-

    ReplyDelete