Sunday, October 16, 2011

This Place is Empty

~/~/~/~

This place is empty right here beside me,
yet I can still see your face.
See the warm smile playing on your lips,
how bashfully you look away.
Now my day is better, worries are less,
just to think of you so near.
But my heart saddens, heavy in my chest,
at night when your face disappears.
The night is so cruel to take you from me,
but the truth is what I must bare.
Our days have ended and our time has passed,
I'm lonely but I'm not scared.
I know there's someone just waiting for me,
simply to glance their way.
I'll see her smile so warmly towards me
and I'll smile at her just the same.
Because there's this place right here beside me,
and she just made my heart race.
Can't help my smile from growing wider
as she bashfully looks away.

~/~/~/~

3 comments:

  1. it touches me ... I know what that feeling is like ... Happy you post again :) Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great. I'm so glad you're writing again, i will continue to patiently wait for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have quite a talent with words...love your poems, especially your fanfiction!!! i have a blog too if you're interested: ilovemuggleborns.blogspot.com
    theres a lot of glee stuff b/c well i'm a gleek so...let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete