Saturday, December 11, 2010

I Will Pray

If there is a God, I will pray to Him tonight.
I will thank Him just for having you at my side.
As I watch you here sleeping next to me,
your eyes close lightly as you drift into dream.

I can't stop my desire to touch your soft hair,
to run my hands through it in the cool night's air.
And while I find myself smiling shamelessly without cause,
when you stir faintly under my touch, my love sick heart gives pause.

I have never imagined myself this way,
so taken by someone, captivated without sway.
Tonight is a night I shall not allow myself to sleep,
but instead make memories of your beauty to keep.

I will pray to God that this night lives long,
that the day is held at bay while this dream dreams on.
I will pray that when your eyes do open to day's light,
that the smile on my face tells you of the most magical night.

2 comments:

  1. I actually felt my face smiling and my heart fluttering in my chest as I was reading it. GREAT JOB!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful and heartwarming! Its incredible, seriously. You have no idea how talented you are, I wish I could express myself like you haha.


    A-

    ReplyDelete